Friday, 20 March 2015

The Book Tag


 
Hey guys it's Miss Internet! So today I decided to the book tag. Before I start, I kinda want to apologise. I know that a lot of my readers aren't exactly book crazy like I am. And I know that my readers probably weren't expecting another book related blog post the very day after I've just done a post about books. So if you weren't expecting or didn't want another book post, I'm not forcing you to read this post. Not at all. It would be so great and would please me so much if you did, but my posts won't always be to everyone's standard/taste and there will always be times where people won't feel like or even don't want to read my posts. But people who do like books or just want to read this post, stay tuned...

1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
In the Summer and sometimes Spring, it's really nice to read outside. It would really calm and relax me and feeling the breeze as I sit and read a good ol' book. When it comes to in general, I love reading whilst I'm cuddled up on my bed and sometimes on the settee but I prefer my bed. I love snuggling up with a book I love with a few sweet treats and a hot chocolate and just reading.

2) Do you prefer using a bookmark or something random to mark your page?
I, personally, prefer a bookmark. I'm not entirely sure why. I don't mind using something random like a piece of paper. I don't really mind what I use as long as the book is good, but, it's nice to mark a good book with a nicely decorated bookmark.

3) Can you stop reading at any point in the book or do you have to stop a certain page or chapter?
I normally like reading to the end of a chapter or to a certain page. But there tend to be times when I just stop at any random part if I'm not particularly enjoying it. Or if I have to read to a certain time like at night before I go to bed I find myself having to stop because I'm going too far over time.

4) Do you eat whilst you read?
Sometimes. I really like curling up with a drink and a little treat with a book. So yes but sometimes I can't have any distractions.

5) Can you read whilst listening to music/watching or listening to the T.V?
Again, sometimes. Depending on the book. If it's one I'm not enjoying, I can normally manage with some sound. If it's one I love, I can't have too much noise or I'll get distracted. I will still enjoy my book but it make me enjoy it a slight bit less for that chunk of time. 

6) One book at a time or several?
Most of the time one. But sometimes when I'm told to read a book at school, I'm juggling two or three. I was reading two but I've decided to stick to just one for now.

7) Reading at home or anywhere/everywhere?
Sort of both. I normally read at home but sometimes, sometimes, I can read elsewhere.

8) Reading aloud or silently in your head?
Almost always in my head but I do like reading to other people the occasional time.

9) Do you read ahead or skip some pages?
Sometimes, and I'm naughty to do this but, when I get a new book I can be known to read the very last sentence. Oops, I wish I didn't do that but sometimes I can't help myself!!

10) Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
With hardbacks, it's easy. I love how they still look new even after you've read them a gazillion times. Whereas with paperbacks, my spines can get that sort of 'cracked look' one them. Sort of like this:



11) Do you write in books?
No. Unless it's a piece of text or a book for school, then I highlight or write notes in, I don't. All my books I read for pleasure are completely 100% ink-free... and I'm planning on them staying that way!

So they are all the questions. I really enjoyed doing this tag. Then again, I always love talking about books. Once I'm talking about books, I'm obsessed so I'll stop before I go on and on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, lovely! You have clearly pressed on the comment section to leave a comment (otherwise you kind of wouldn't be reading this!) Anyway, thank you so much for taking your time to type even 1 word and hitting publish!

If you like to make me, I mean others, smile - then why not just, you know, follow my blog and tell your friends? That would make my month! Have a monto-fabulous day!

Stay you. Stay strong. Stay beautiful.
Miss Internet xoxo

P.S. Any mean, offensive or inappropriate comments will be deleted! Thanks! :D