Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Being anonymous is hard

Hey guys its Miss Internet!

So, you all know by now that I am a completely anonymous blogger - I don't even use people's names!

And although, and I don't mean to sound big headed - please don't get the wrong ideas, I think I do a pretty good job at staying anonymous, it's tough - I can't lie and say it's really easy because it isn't! Its really hard!

I just want to put a message out there.

There are many, many anonymous bloggers, anonymous for all different reasons.
There are many, many people who find comments on their blogs and/or discover blogs (and other things like that) that are from anonymous people or their blogs are anonymous.
Sometimes, those people try to work out who that person actually is.
That's understandable - I DON'T do it, personally, but I get that you'd be curious!
But some of those people think it is okay to then accuse (the person they've worked out) of being blah, blah, blah!
That's not okay! If someone wants to be anonymous, you MUST respect that!
How would you like it if someone walked up to you and said
"You're (insert name here)!!!!!"
Sometimes, and this happens a lot, they are accusing the wrong person which isn't fair or they are accusing the right person, and that's mean!

If you are anonymous, why would you want to tell someone, reluctantly, that you are so and so!

All in all, you can't accuse someone who clearly doesn't want to tell the world that they're anonymous - it just isn't fair and you KNOW you wouldn't like it!

Oh yeah, and this message doesn't just apply to blogging - it applies to a lot of things!

Miss Internet going off the Internet xxx

24 comments:

  1. Great post I totally relate to it xx I'm an anonymous blogger and it's sometimes really hard to stay that way xxx
    http://agirlblogx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally know what you mean - it's tough! I'm so glad you could relate! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a great post! I used to be anonymous, I still kind of am, I never show my face.

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noor! I'm so glad so many of you can relate! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm a simi-anonymous blogger. All of my family and my close friends know that it is me writing, but the rest of the blogging community just knows me as BNS. Personally, I'm just glad that none of the people who actually know me haven't accidentally posted a comment with my name in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yeah! Only my very close family and friend know who I am - that's 4 people. Ha ha, yeah it is good no ones said your name! So glad you could relate! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm new to blogging and just started a blog called 'Thoughts of a Teenage Loser', I'm not anonymous but I'm finding it difficult to explain to my friends and family about it and I am scared of how they will react, for example laugh at me etc... I have really taken to it and I'm using this as an escape route from normal life, but I really would like some ideas on what to tell them?

    Please help...

    PS. here is a link to my blog if you want to check it out http://thoughtsofateenagelooser.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to check out your blog! It's quite hard to give you all the tips in a little comment so I'll do a whole post about it so that others have some advice too! I hope I will help you! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm anonymous too! Peace Firestone is my alias name and I just like it that way xx I totally get everything that you're saying ;)
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad so many anonymous and non-anonymous bloggers can relate! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. thank you! someone has finally said it :) I was going to but I got scared people would have a go at me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm glad you liked it! Xoxo

      Delete
    2. Never be afraid to blog what you want! Xoxo

      Delete
    3. thanks that's some really good advice <3

      Delete
  7. Anonymity is, I think, a valuable asset to have as a blogger. Where's the mystery if every Tom, Charlotte and Jane knew who you were?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thank you! Glad you liked it! Xoxo

      Delete
  8. this post is great! So relatable, I'm also an anonymous blogger and really enjoyed reading this. I also didn't realise that there were so many other anonymous bloggers! :)
    TAG xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so so glad you could relate! It is surprising how many there are! Xoxo

      Delete
  9. I agree with you completely! Although I'm not personally an anonymous blogger, I fully respect those who are - I mean, who's business is it but the individual's?

    Kate x
    www.theteenaspect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! YES! That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to say! :)

      I mean, its alright to be curious but to go after them or try to find out who they are, that's just not fair!

      I'm so so glad that everyone's understood where I'm coming from!

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I totally get what you are saying because as an anonymous blogger myself who's only just found the confidence to start blogging, its so hard not to give stuff away as the whole reason is to not get judged by faces but by writing itself! Thank you so much for this post, i can relate so much :)

    HiddenIdentity x
    http://ihaveahiddenidentity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to do this post so it was no problem! I'm really happy that you and very one else can relate! Xoxo

      Delete

Hello there, lovely! You have clearly pressed on the comment section to leave a comment (otherwise you kind of wouldn't be reading this!) Anyway, thank you so much for taking your time to type even 1 word and hitting publish!

If you like to make me, I mean others, smile - then why not just, you know, follow my blog and tell your friends? That would make my month! Have a monto-fabulous day!

Stay you. Stay strong. Stay beautiful.
Miss Internet xoxo

P.S. Any mean, offensive or inappropriate comments will be deleted! Thanks! :D